Thursday 28 October 2010

A Plea for Help

As you may have noticed, the campaign sand-box thus far is frankly overflowing with low level adventure sites. Mostly, this is for three reasons.
  1. I want to be able to re-use this sandbox in later years with other player groups while keeping it as fresh for me as possible.
  2. Lets face it, the risks are good for a TPK or two along the way. More adventure locations means more variety for players who don't want to explore the same old dungeon again and again.
  3. It would be nice to have enough room for two or three different player groups (sometimes with the same player in more than one group) without having the various party's tripping over each other all the time.
However, I now find myself at the stage where I have to populate the sandbox with some low to mid level adventure sites and, frankly, I'm struggling. Much as I would love to create a half-dozen (or more) mid level sites from scratch, I simply don't have the time to do so. So, while I'll probably look to create one or two of my own devising, I need some suggestions for published modules to add to the Sandbox.

But here's the kicker, they would have to be plausible to the setting. By which I mean, temperate climate, not based around a permanent civilised settlement (Trobridge is the only one in the immediate area, and even it can't have too much going on at once.) and largely free of "non-feudal" flavour. I'd consider any published 0ed or 1st/2nd ed module, classic or otherwise, even ones from the pages of White Dwarf, Dragon Magazine. There are simply hundred out there, but I'd rather not simply re-use the same half dozen or so modules I've played again and again. I want something fresh.

Suggests in a comment please, to Dangerous Brian. All advice given gratefully received and appreciated.

No comments: