Wednesday 17 August 2011

OSRC and the Expeditionary Campaign: A Players Perspective

Real life is still doing a fine job of getting in the way of my writing. However, the first Expeditionary Campaign play report is coming. In the meantime, one of my players has posted his own thoughts and perspectives on the first  session on his blog Of Dice and Men (link) and damn, am I tickled pink. It was a fantastic session but to hear another veteran gamer like Whiskey praise it so highly is very gratifying. Even with ten players and a DM (one player attending via Skype) I don't think a single player felt left out or lacked a moment to shine (or skulk in the shadows as some of the characters would prefer). If anyone out there has concerns over running OSRIC with a group larger than the traditional six, I would urge you to reconsider. Having such a large number of players at the table provided a huge pool of creativity and generated a great deal of in-game tension and energy.

Hell, even I was on the edge of my seat - and I knew what was going to happen next.

Hopefully I'll finish that session report tonight. If any players want to add something I forgot, either post it on the actual play report (I'll enable anonymous comments) or else send me an email and I'll add your thoughts accordingly.

Cheers guys. Thanks for a great game.


No comments: