Monday 8 August 2011

It Begins: Isle of the Earthshaker

Finally. The new campaign is rolling ever-forward to it's first session. About five minutes ago I sent out an invitation email to about 2 dozen potential players -some old hands at the gaming table, some who haven't lifted a die in their lives unless it was for a game of monopoly.

Alas, it seems that over they years I've managed to drift farther apart from some of my friends than I'd ever realised -about half a dozen of the invitations I sent out were rejected by the post-master. It seems they no longer exist, taking with them (in some cases) the last potential link to gaming buddies of old.

Likewise, there were a good dozen folk I was unable to track down email addresses for at all. These potential recruits will have to be contacted via intermediaries. Unfortunately, this runs the risk of the players in question getting the impression that they are somehow "second-string" or "B-list" choices, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Regardless of all this, my long (nearly two-week) hiatus from the blog is over. Look for a few updates on how recruitment is going, along with July's painting challenge summary and more campaign background posts over the next week or so. And in about a weeks time, I'll have the first actual play report from the the Isle of the Earthshaker campaign.

I can't wait.

5 comments:

christian said...

Good luck with the game!

Brutorz Bill said...

Hope it works out for you!
Building a gaming group can be a difficult but rewarding task!

Lord Siwoc said...

Looking forwards to the reports!!!

The Angry Lurker said...

Definitely looking forward to more posts.

Dangerous Brian said...

Thanks guys. I've had a lot of positive responces already. All my old War of the Burning Sky Group, my last OSRIC group and a brace of beginners have taken me up on my offer.
So at the very least, the campaign should have a dozen players.